انقر هنا لقراءة باللغة العربية
Safety and support at Tug Malta Ltd is not restricted to rendering marine services at sea. Recognising that people are one of its major anchors, the company also offers services in the fields of training and technical marine support services.
We provide training to tug crews to allow the company’s own seaborne personnel and third party tug masters, other mariners and engineers to experience and practice on the Company’s ASD and Voith Schneider tugs in real-life operations. Training covers tug handling, escorting tugs, bridge resource management and vessel handling in port and emergency situations.
In cooperation with the Malta Maritime Pilots Cooperative customers can also be provided with interactive simulator training as a foundation to hands-on experience.
Offering years of experience and knowhow, our technical services centre can offer a second to none range of repairs and maintenance services. Combining well maintained equipment and other hardware with an experienced and highly trained nucleus of people, the Centre draws strength from long years of knowhow servicing the Company’s own fleet and those of other customers. Based on this technical services exposure, cost-effectively meeting strict high standards of excellence, the Centre provides the following technical solutions:
• Diesel Engine repairs/overhauls (including electronically governed engines)
• High/Low pressure air compressor repairs/overhauls
• Overhauls/repairs of all sorts of pumps
• Hydraulic system troubleshooting/rectification
• Windlasses, cranes, towing winches, capstans, steering systems
• Pneumatic systems troubleshooting/rectification
• Pipe fitting/repairs
• Servicing/rectification of propulsion systems (expertise in azimuth thrusters)
• Refrigeration repairs/rectification and new installations
• Welding services (MTAW, MIG, TIG)
• Generator controls or alternator faults rectification
• Main Switch board fault finding/rectification
• AC/DC control system rectification
• Development of new automation systems for various machinery
• PLC programming together with the design and build of control panels
• Engine shutdown systems troubleshooting repairs
• Marine Alarm systems troubleshooting/new installations
• Technical Consultancy
• Spare parts and other technical procurement consultancy
• Accommodation area refurbishment/outfitting
• Hole drilling - tractor/ aircraft tyres used for fendering
• Provision of portable hydraulically driven reels/drums to temporarily remove/stow wire ropes from winches
• Mooring/towing rope splicing
• Airless spray painting
• Calibrated 100 tonne load cell for bollard pull test or other applications
The list of services above is by no means exhaustive.
The technical launch of the newly built Azimuth Stern Drive Tug 2913 took place on 18 November 2016 at 10:30Hrs at Damen Galati...
Focus Italy - Times of Malta interviews Tug Malta Chief Executive Officer - Mario Mizzi.
Opening Hours: 0800 - 1715Hrs
37, Sir Luigi Preziosi Square,
Floriana, FRN 1154
General Contact Number:
+356 21 247121
Operations Contact Number:
+356 21 237888
AOH Contact Number:
© Tug Malta 2013